Author Topic: [v1.5.8.18] Mouse input has not been initialized due to an error  (Read 7754 times)

BlackJack

Hi,

nice that we have the Forum now for bug hunting.

• I'm getting this Message after closing the edit window: "Mouse input has not been initialized due to an error: (invalid Hookhandle)" What does this mean?
  • VA doesn't write to the Log if you choose the yellow color.
  • Press Pause key in commands turns the Num-Lock off
  • small typing error in the help file: {ACTIVEWINDOPROCESSID} (copy/paste actions wont work)

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [v1.5.8.18] Mouse input has not been initialized due to an error
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 09:02:05 PM »
Hi, BlackJack.

Thank you for all of the info.

The mouse issue may be due to my faulty code (added mouse stuff recently).  I think this has been fixed and will be in the next release.

The Pause key killing Numlock is a standing issue.  I've been through the code several times on this one... the proper codes are going through, but the API seems to be mishandling this on particular key, and only when using DirectX mode (Standard mode does not exhibit this issue).  I'm not entirely sure if I'm ever going to be able to fix that one.

The yellow log entry thing... I'm not having this problem:

Are there any more details you can give (are you using tokens)?

Thank you for the heads-up in the help document.  That's now corrected.

Gary

BlackJack

Re: [v1.5.8.18] Mouse input has not been initialized due to an error
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:21:22 AM »
Hi, Gary.

Thank you for the reply.

I don't know if this helps with the mouse issue, but I have a command that tracks the mouse clicks when activated and changes some conditions and does other things when I click in a certain screen area. Currently, this is realized via a loop function. With v1.5.8.16 came the mouse activation and I modified the command to activate it only when the mouse button is pressed. But after a series of error messages (we have crashed.. or so), I never was able to use the mouse button function again. Even in other profiles! It was broken. The only thing to solve this, was to reimport the a old version of the modified profile (with the loop again) and then I was able to use the Mouse button in other profiles. I've tried this three times, before I decided to leave it as it is.

The Pause Key Issue is not a major one, I think. It is easy to handle, if it is known. So, don't be worry! ;)

To the Log Issue: I swear to every thing, that I never had seen a yellow dot in the VA Log before you have posted the screenshot!  :o I've tested it again just before writing this. With Tokens or even with plain text. It doesn't work when yellow is chosen. I would make a Screenshot for you, but it would show nothing. (there is no log entry). ;D
My OS is W7 Pro 64bit.

Please let me know, if I can help otherwise.
Thank you again,

BlackJack