Author Topic: Problem with Joystick Output Plugin  (Read 3731 times)

spec10

Problem with Joystick Output Plugin
« on: June 23, 2022, 09:18:11 AM »
I am getting

"5:14:07.345 Plugin has not completed initialization.  This may occur if you are running the plugin on profile startup and vJoy has not had a chance to initialize.  Please try again."

When I run the sample profile. I am using VA 1.9.9.108 64bit and am using the 64 bit plugin files. vjoy works fine with joystick gremlin. How can I debug this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Problem with Joystick Output Plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 09:37:53 AM »
Which version of vJoy are you running? Are you running "Joystick Gremlin" alongside VoiceAttack?

Does that message appear whenever you execute a command in the sample profile? Even a while after the profile has been loaded?

spec10

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 10:21:17 AM »
vjoy is 2.1.9.1. Yes Joystick Gremlin is running at the same time. I need it to combine my racing pedals into a single rudder axis and a few other things.

But even after a fresh reboot without anything running but VA I get the same result. VA has been running close to 5min now on my latest test. Message still appears if I start the whole test routine with alt+t or if I try executing a single command manually.

//edit: nevermind. I was wrong about the fresh reboot. I accidentally started Joystick Gremlin too in the background. After a fresh reboot without Gremlin running the plugin works. So I guess the plugin can't trigger the vjoy device if it's already in use by another program?

So I thought creating a 2nd device might do the trick, but that produces a whole new error:
"6:37:45.008 UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VoiceAttack Joystick Output Plugin'.  DUE TO EXCEPTION: The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 08:05:02 PM »
It would appear Joystick Gremlin requires exclusive use of vJoy's virtual devices, which may be a limitation of vJoy itself.
Unfortunately it would appear it cannot be combined with the VoiceAttack plugin at the present time