Author Topic: Diablo RoS Profile (questions)  (Read 4013 times)

adora

Diablo RoS Profile (questions)
« on: June 17, 2021, 10:27:32 AM »
Hey VA,

I am almost complete with this Diablo 3/Reaper of Souls profile, so thank you! I would like to post it and share it at some point but not entirely sure where to draw the line on "the use of macros or third-party applications" in games. there isn't anything here that can't be reproducible in AHK, Logitech, iCue, steam overlay, etc.

Ultimately, I don't want VA to look bad in any way but here are many QoL features (like salvage all instead of manually delete items one by one) as well as keyboard movements WASD (non-native). Mixing these with voice controls and controller support and you really have a great interactive tool (VA) that I think people would love to see.

some of the scripts save fractions of seconds that can add up to about a minute or 2 per hour of playing the game and to be honest have their own drawbacks that I didn't really account for.

Please let me know what VA's stance on this would be?

..and thank to fPeil you so much for getting me started on this awesome journey.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Diablo RoS Profile (questions)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 08:10:15 PM »
You'll need to look over the terms of service for the particular application.  If their TOS says, 'absolutely no automation' or 'only single in-game actions for any single external input', you'll want to respect each of those.  I have no say over how a an individual controls their PC with their own commands, but if a user downloads a profile from here and ends up getting hit with a suspension/ban somehow from using that profile, that would be bad.  I guess at the end of the day is if you've got to question it, it's probably safer to not do it if it involves others.  You'd probably want to modify your scripts to conform to Diablo's TOS before uploading.

Hope that helps!

adora

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 06:09:01 PM »
Hey Gary,

Thanks for your clarification 8). Blizzard shrouds itself by always avoiding the subject entirely when it comes to macros in Diablo 3. Personally, I feel that this is a cheap act to leave people feeling that using scripts will get you banned while doing no real leg work to monitor or prevent it. I say to prevent it because nobody has been banned for using any of the macros since its release about a decade ago.

I do however really love the project you've created here so perhaps releasing a slimmed "safe" version of the profile and allow people to play around with it as I have would be safer for the community.

I appreciate your input and look forward to a voice automated world ;D

Superfly3472

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 12:12:40 PM »
Hey Adora,

I am a quadriplegic. So I am trying to use voice attack to play Diablo4. For some reason tab works escape I but for some reason the numbers won't work. Any help I would really appreciate it thanks