Author Topic: Quadriplegic liking your product  (Read 104 times)

TruthQuad

Quadriplegic liking your product
« on: May 02, 2024, 05:12:23 AM »
I use a head-tracking mouse and some old dwellclicking software (from the old smartNAV) to operate my mouse hands-free on the computer. I'm a quadriplegic who can't use his hands. But the mouse thing isn't close to optimal for any type of fast-twitch gaming, so I have largely relegated myself to civilization building or 4x types of games. But I also recently started playing Eve Online again (sci-fi with some space combat), and VoiceAttack has really been helpful. I only downloaded it a couple of weeks ago but I see the potential and I have already used it to increase my efficiency and ease of use in the game by quite a bit. I'm pretty happy with it and I could see using it in many other games.

I don't know enough about what's required for mouse control in typical quick-twitch FPS games but I can really see using VoiceAttack in a lot of different games in a lot of different ways.

I'm pretty glad to have it. My hands-free mouse situation isn't as good as it was back when SmartNAV was still being made.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: Quadriplegic liking your product
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 12:53:29 PM »
Welcome to VoiceAttack!  ;D

You can find tons of info on how to make VoiceAttack sing and dance in the Help Manual (press F1 when VoiceAttack is in focus), as well as in many pinned posts throughout these forums.  Best wishes and have fun!!