Author Topic: DCS World UH-1H Radio profile  (Read 11425 times)

HighwaymanEd

DCS World UH-1H Radio profile
« on: October 15, 2016, 07:00:51 PM »
When flying the Huey tuning the radios can be a little tricky whilst in flight. This has become especially tricky for me since getting a rift as I can no longer use programs like helios, and I don't even know where my keyboard is when flying.

Faced with this challenge, I turned to VoiceAttack. This has been a love / hate affair, but after a lot of blood (ok, maybe not blood), sweat and tears I've eventually finished a profile to tune the radios using my voice (and virtual co-pilot) alone.

After investing a lot of time into this, I've decided to publish a light version to the public which will allow you to have your virtual co-pilot tune the VHF radio to any Tower frequency on the Georgia map. See the demo video below.

Video Link

I will be making the full version that allows you to tune the FM, NAV, VHF and UHF radio to ANY frequency that the radio supports, as well as the airports and beacons of the Nevada map for US$2 via paypal. PM me if you're interested!

You can download the free demo version

Please note the following.
1. You must be running VoiceAttack as Administrator
2. The Profile was built with VoiceAttack preview version 1.5.12.24. Some of the users testing it found that some other versions of VoiceAttack couldn't send the commands to DCS, but upgrading to this version resolved it.
3. You should run the Windows Voice training several times before using Voice Attack as it can sometime have difficulty hearing things like VHF as VHF.

Please note that these are no longer maintained. You can download the profiles for all the Helicopters I made here, for free: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjB8XCqYiep2gaYA0JI2uLmF_rmeCg
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 05:55:04 PM by HighwaymanEd »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: DCS World UH-1H Radio profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 10:43:15 PM »
This is actually pretty impressive.  I was showing the video to Paul over there at HCS... he liked it, too.

HighwaymanEd

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 02:23:38 AM »
Thanks Gary, I appreciate the compliment, and this is just the beginning. After I ran into the issues with the out of memory that I posted for you the other day, I looked at alternative methods and couldn't believe I missed something so obvious.

I have a whole 'virtual co-pilot' in progress (much like the HCS packs, only not quite as far reaching, I still love Verity by the way  ;D ) with cockpit commands and read back of check lists. I'm just looking to see if there is a way of reading variables exported from DCS to know if a switch has been 'thrown' as that would be the ultimate experience.

I'm also building out profiles now for the Mi-8 and Gazelle as a priority, and I'm looking at building something similar for FSX / Prepar3D.

CNCfan

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 07:32:37 PM »
Hi, 

This is a shot in the dark since this is an old topic, but thought I would try.

I get an error page when I click the link for the demo.  Just started using DCS and the Huey was my first add on I bought.  Would like to check out the demo if possible.
Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 03:27:32 AM »
I fixed that link, it should work now(It had double quotes around it, so the forum tags were incorrect; 'http://"https://')

Rephil

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 04:00:44 PM »
is this avl for purchase or download

HighwaymanEd

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 03:56:18 PM »
Hey guys and girls

I’ve decided to open these up for everybody to have at them. I used to sell them for a few US$ each, and they’ve paid for a pack of beer so far, so I’m happy!  That said, I don’t maintain them any longer as I haven’t flown the Huey and some changes to VA have made some cases of recognising a Zero integer tricky, and to be honest, I can’t be bothered to troubleshoot them any more.

So, without further ado, please find the link to all the profiles that I made for the DCS helicopters here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjB8XCqYiep2gaYA0JI2uLmF_rmeCg

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 04:26:14 PM »
When you mention "some changes to VA have made some cases of recognising a Zero integer tricky", to which changes are you referring, specifically?

HighwaymanEd

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2023, 05:53:25 PM »
Hey guys,

Just a note to state that I no longer support/maintain these profiles as life has gotten in the way. As such I've decided to release them for free to anybody who wants them. They can be downloaded here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjB8XCqYiep2gaYA0JI2uLmF_rmeCg