Author Topic: Battle Cry of Freedom Voice Profile  (Read 2619 times)

Lawh

Battle Cry of Freedom Voice Profile
« on: January 07, 2024, 09:22:54 AM »
This is a voice profile for the game Battle Cry of Freedom.

It includes basic commands for all troop orders.

It also includes some looping and special commands:
- Fire as a group - Your unit will fire volleys as a group.
- Fire in ranks - Your unit will fire one rank at a time.
- Fire and advance - Your unit will fire, then advance.
- Move There - Your unit will move to where you are pointing. Look into a position, and wait for the order to progress.

Be advised, if you press left shift while orders are running, the orders might not work.

DEMO: The Civil War Adventures of John J. Ramrod
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbT9-Tpd9x8

Paypal:
- paypal.me/lawhmods
Giving is never mandatory. Please enjoy the fruits of something I like to do

- Additional orders; Loose;Tight [formation;]-> Fully expands or closes ranks with skirmisher troops
- Improved readability and functionality

- Fixed somethings
- Added disorganized and organized fire and advancing/fire and retreating
-> Disorganized means the unit will be on "Fire at Will". Organized means the unit will fire as a group.
- Tested this version as much as possible. The flow should be simple and intuitive. You should be able to play without messing around with settings.
- Added Text-to-Speech for "Column Formation" and "Hold Fire", since they lack feedback in the game. Might add more and improve on this with an actual voice later. "Profile sound [on;off] toggles the voice if you don't like it.

- Did some upgrades I don't recall exactly
- Added a command "Build it", which will have your character hammer away at something you are constructing

EXTRA:
- Additionally, here is a link to all the main maps that BCoF has in a file called "Current_ServerMaps.zip":
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/516558643160940546/1097137675229728930/Current_ServerMaps.zip?ex=65ad0f15&is=659a9a15&hm=0cf2aa541c6838562ff751f5b8c10f8183e335c4cd892af977cb614500913ef8&

- Added is a simple extra map called "The Long Way" which I made and you most likely won't like, unless you're like me. Then you'll like it. It's possible.

- Here is also a text file named "Addmap.txt" with a list of all the different maps that you can copy into the dedicated server settings file called "ServerConfiguration.ini", to the spot where it asks for maps. Be advised, some maps had duplicate names for different era mods and different modes, so you might have to explore the folders and put the ones you like into the CustomMaps folder in your dedicated server.  Remove any maps you don't want to use form the list in the "Addmap.txt" file. Also, the mode for the server is selected elsewhere in the file.

Number of downloads resets to nil after every update.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 12:57:19 PM by Lawh »