Author Topic: AVCS - CORE Framework Profile & Blank Template Profile  (Read 3813 times)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
AVCS - CORE Framework Profile & Blank Template Profile
« on: May 16, 2021, 02:12:18 PM »

Profile for  VoiceAttack
by =VG= SemlerPDX

Description:
I've been enjoying making profiles using VoiceAttack for around five years, and creating advanced voice control systems for PC games.  When I began sharing my profiles publicly, I found it difficult to notify existing users of bug fixes, and these fixes always required a new profile download and import, even for minor typos or a single letter out of place.  I wanted a way to add or change profile function variables of all sorts without requiring a new profile download and import, when possible, to minimize major versioning.  Thankfully, with VoiceAttack, most anything is possible if you can just create it.

With AVCS CORE, flat text "config" files sit in the VoiceAttack Apps folder (under "AVCS\") for each AVCS profile, including core, which can be synced with simple .htm pages on my website.  Most of the text to speech phrases and voice commands themselves sit in text variables in those config files, making it so easy to add to, fix, or update new voice command phrasing options with a simple patch update option presented to users during initialization.

I use many methods for consistent recognition by conceptual context where appropriate, rather than forcing users into memorizing strict and rigid phrases.  For many actions, it can be 'any way you say it'.  From the many Options Menus commands to game action commands themselves, it should be very easy for users to control or edit AVCS profiles for perfect immersion in any game.

My "AVCS CORE" profile is the hub of any larger game profile I create, and brings common functions to each game profile as well as live support, configuration, and update options to a system that normally would require a new profile download/import for changes.

With CORE at the center, unless I change a command system, I can update or add new recognition options for all users with a simple patch option presented to users during loading.  I plan to release profiles for a number of games with a focus on immersive control over elements which would be better suited for vocal interaction, such as the in-game radio commands in my AVCS4 Falcon BMS Radios profile.

Features:

Download: (Click Here)

NOTE: DON'T USE THE VA OPTION "Allow Command Segment Info for Composite Commands" w/ AVCS, and disable before importing AVCS profile(s) if this setting is enabled!

Because AVCS CORE itself is a 'hub' profile, commands are locked in a way that prevents new commands from being added in order to keep CORE initialization and loading time to a minimum for its job initializing other AVCS profiles.

The included Template Profile can be imported for use as a blank 'user created' profile which is bound to AVCS CORE and can use all functions of CORE such as the Quick Command Creator and Voice Authorization System, as well as allowing users to import or add their own new commands in the traditional fashion through VoiceAttack without limits.

Commands Reference:

Say, 'Open the Command Reference', anytime to view available voice commands

Latest Changelog Entry:
Code: [Select]
Public Release AVCS CORE v1.11 Changelog Oct-1-2021

Fixes/Improvements:

-Updated minimum required version of VoiceAttack to 1.8.9
-Created new system in Push-To-Talk Mode for Joystick POV (4-way directionals only)
-Created Delete system in PTT Mode to allow removal of any PTT entry already set
-Fixed PTT Buttons Display List not retrieving correct keyboard key from keycode # (showing 'square' symbol instead)
-Fixed CORE Config #2 (TTS file) error near 'AlreadyOn' phrase, CRLF (NewLine) missing, merging the variables into one

Previous Changelogs:
Public Release AVCS CORE v1.0 Changelog May-11-2021

New Commands:
 -"Open the Command Reference" (or variations - open up-to-date command reference page online, or last updated reference file locally if offline)
 -"Set a Computer Name" (or variations - set a 'Computer' Assistant name for AVCS PTT mode, say before any command to wake listening temporarily)
 -"Set a Push to Talk Button" (or variations - set up to 6 total keyboard, mouse, or joystick buttons through automated script - just press when asked)

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Improved PTT (Push to Talk) Mode with voice controlled automated key/button detection during "Set" command
 -Added PTT Modes (chosen during "Set" command) for game/QCC commands only (default), or toggle VoiceAttack Global Listening Mode
 -Added PTT Mode 'Wake' by 'Computer' Assistant Name - set a name to say before any existing command to temporarily wake Global Listening Mode
 -Added Profile Misc. Commands to QCC, allows new commands or macros to be added via Live Update Patch Fix to CORE or AVCS4 profiles between major updates if needed
 -Added requirement to Include AVCS CORE Profile Commands through any used AVCS4 Profile Options, instructions provided during first-time init
 -Added optional File Explorer GUI to select item for QCC Advanced Commands 'Play a Sound File' and 'Open File Shortcut or Program' actions
 -Added option to Save File Options Menu to import save file (config settings, QCC commands, or all) from existing Profiles (for any game) or from file path entered
 -Fixed When setting Preferred, found duplicates of a non-AVCS profile (created unique list for AVCS and non-AVCS profile list choices)
 -Fixed QCC commands set in CORE persisted into next profile, should have been 'wiped' and unavailable in different AVCS profile
 -Fixed International Decimals - All Decimal Variables finally compatible for international users via cultural identification fix during init
 -Fixed infinite loop on Minor Version Rollback toggle and version display errors following toggle
 -Fixed many more minor issues throughout, from options menus to get-input pop-up boxes including direct profile name choice instead of shortname ID and version number ID
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 04:55:54 PM by SemlerPDX »

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Profile Update: AVCS CORE (v1.11) Framework Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 02:02:55 PM »
AVCS CORE v1.11 Major Profile Update

Please download and import this updated final version!  Link below and updated in the main post above!  AVCS CORE v1.11 will also import a new 'AVCS4 USER PROFILE TEMPLATE (v1.0)' - this template has not been changed from before.  If you had AVCS CORE v1.0 and that template profile already, you can delete this duplicate 'AVCS4 USER PROFILE TEMPLATE (v1.0)

*Follow instructions during update to import previous version Save Files and to uninstall and delete the previous AVCS CORE v1.0 profile and config files

I had hoped that AVCS CORE v1.0 would be the final version, but I had not anticipated issues with Joystick POV directional buttons in the Push-To-Talk system, and I had not included a handy way to delete saved PTT buttons or keys.  With this update, I'm happy to announce that AVCS CORE is now feature stable and (as far as I know) 100% bug free!  I keep throwing every curveball and edge case I can think up at it, even including the update or new version profile import process, and everything just works.  I don't have anything more to add, and there is nothing left to take away.

As the 'hub' profile for my AVCS4 BMS Radios profile, and others I plan to release in time, it has always been my goal to have AVCS CORE as an unchanging stable framework that I can use as a platform to support end-game profiles indefinitely.  Eventually, I plan to return to AVCS CORE to create a separate version packed with well designed and themed user interfaces for all options and menus which presently use simple VoiceAttack 'Get user input' actions, and while still supporting the original v1 simple 'get user input' interface version(s) which will remain free for all users.  The artwork and GUI coding will take some time, and I have many other projects on my plate, so I don't expect to be working on AVCS CORE again until late 2022 or even later.

I use AVCS CORE every day myself, with the included AVCS Template profile as my 'main' Windows voice control system, and am very glad to have this project version wrapped up for now.

Thank you all again for all the support and for the coffees!  Cheers!

Download:  (Click Here)

Public Release AVCS CORE v1.11 Changelog Oct-1-2021

Fixes/Improvements:

-Updated minimum required version of VoiceAttack to 1.8.9
-Created new system in Push-To-Talk Mode for Joystick POV (4-way directionals only)
-Created Delete system in PTT Mode to allow removal of any PTT entry already set
-Fixed PTT Buttons Display List not retrieving correct keyboard key from keycode # (showing 'square' symbol instead)
-Fixed CORE Config #2 (TTS file) error near 'AlreadyOn' phrase, CRLF (NewLine) missing, merging the variables into one
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 03:44:01 PM by SemlerPDX »