Author Topic: Elite Dangerous bindED key bindings for K.I.C.S Ripley Galactic  (Read 7316 times)

KapteynC

For anyone out there still trying out KICS Ripley Galactic profiles, this is for you.

Step 1. Install bindED.  (https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=564.0)

Step 2. Install Ripley Galactic.  (https://www.alpha-orbital.com/kics)

Step 3. Install this profile and copy over the keybindings.

Now your key bindings are set from bindED. Just make sure that most of them are set or it won't do anything.
Also, buyer beware: I'm not completely sure that they are all correct, since I kind of had to work backwards.

Good luck.

Azorath

Re: Elite Dangerous bindED key bindings for K.I.C.S Ripley Galactic
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 06:28:29 AM »
I done this in a very small scale in the past until I had to format and loose my profile, so thanks for your work, it really means a lot <3

Albertious

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 03:34:09 PM »
 :) you rock man! thank you

Wolfang42

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 06:02:46 PM »
When I copied over the keybindings, all the KICS commands are now filled with UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND - COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE.  I confirmed the copy of the new bindED variable keybindings worked, but all the commands that used those keybindings lost linkage to the keybind commands.  Need I now go edit every single one and relink? 

UseLessUK

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 05:42:04 AM »
When I copied over the keybindings, all the KICS commands are now filled with UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND - COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE.  I confirmed the copy of the new bindED variable keybindings worked, but all the commands that used those keybindings lost linkage to the keybind commands.  Need I now go edit every single one and relink?

When you copy a command that is selected from the dropdown list of available commands it won't have the same ID when copied to another profile. If you wish to copy the command you'd first need to edit it and change any commands selected via the dropdown to be Executed by name and enter the name of the command in the box provided. That way when you then copy the command it should then still work and you won't get the error you mentioned .... BUT if you change the name of the command it won't be reflected in the Execute by name entry.