Author Topic: A command I made called Failsafe, That checks every 5 seconds if VA's mic's Off.  (Read 3239 times)

iceblast

I use Push to Talk to turn On and Off the mic to use VA commands.

Though, for whatever reason, sometimes VA won't turn Off the mic after you release the trigger button, and sometimes randomly, VA will just turn it's self back On.

So, I made this command that I call Failsafe. It checks every 5 seconds, if the button you are using to trigger Push to Talk is pressed, and if it's not, and the Mic is On, it will turn it Off.

Now, I have this setup to run by using an AutoHotKey command. Which will run VA commands Externally by command line.

This command runs every time I hit the ESC key.

This is the command line.

~ESC::
{
run, C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe -stopcommands
sleep 500
run, C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe -command "Failsafe"
}
return

When you hit the ESC key, it kills all commands that VA is running. Handy if you have a command going wild, and then runs Failsafe again. So, Failsafe will constantly be stopped, and restarted as you use VA. Constantly making the command fresh, encase it stopped working for some odd reason.

That's how I do it, of course, you can use the command anyway you wish.

Here's the profile for it, also, I'll put the compiled AutoHotKey script, for running Failsafe, for people that don't want to have to install AutoHotKey, to use the script. If you have AHK already, you can create the script yourself easily, if you wish.

You can have VA run the Failsafe.exe every time you start VA, or Just put the file in Windows Startup folder to start when windows starts, which I would recommend.

If anyone has any questions, just ask, and I hope this comes in handy for someone.