Author Topic: Elite EDDI-VA Jump Counter Profile  (Read 7906 times)

TetleyK

Elite EDDI-VA Jump Counter Profile
« on: June 29, 2016, 12:52:56 AM »
I've been doing long-distance missions for the last few weeks and by that I mean with distances over 300ly. In my trade iCutter this means betwen 30 and 40 jumps on the way out and between 15 and 25 jumps on the way back. I have discovered that if I get interdicted provided that I hit the zero throttle button with half a second of the establishment of the tether, then I sucessfuully submit to the interdiction and can survive the 10 seconds or so that it takes for my drive to cool down. If, on the other hand, I don't hit the button in time, then I only manage to submit around 50% of the time with the attendant hull damage and having to run for 40 second plus before I can start the jump away.

So, I am particularly resentful of anything that stops me from hitting the button quickly. I have to look at the Galaxy Map to determine the next star type, although I have requested an enhancement to avoid that, and I do not want to open the navigation screen to check the number of remaining jumps. But with that many jumps I lose count as to which jump the next one is.

Enter EDDI. EDDI provides a VA command that is triggered when EDDI detects that the system has changed and I use this to display the number of the jump in the VA window. I can glance over at my second monitor where I have various tools open, including VA, as see the jump number quickly and easily.

The VA profile for this consists of commands.

Disable jump count
Enable jump count
Increment and display jump count
Increment jump count
Reseet jump count
Show jump count

To use these commands you should call the 'Reset jump count' command when the profile opens. I have a start up script in which I set various VA variables and this is where the command is called in my Elite profile. By default the jump count will be displayed at each jump. If you do not wish this to be the default, change the reset command accordingly. Also call the command when you launch from a station.

Add a call to the 'Increment and display jump count' to the top of the ((EDDI: event handler for change of system)) command and you are done. Note that whenever you import the latest EDDI Profile you will need to add the command call again.

Now, each time EDDI detects the system change the nump number will be displayed.

If you have the command disabled by default, this does not stop the jump count from being incremented, just from being displayed. The intention here is that you would still call the reset command at launch and then either call the enable command later in the flight in the which case the current jump number will immediately be displayed and the jumps will be displayed thereafter, or you could call the 'Show jump count' command to show just the current jump number.

The profile may be downloaded from http://markausten.co.uk/files/eddi/eddi-jump-count-profile.vap.

EDDI plugin available at:
https://github.com/cmdrmcdonald/EliteDangerousDataProvider
(Download available from a link under 'Installing')

Frontier forum post for EDDI:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/226649-EDDI-A(nother)-Voice-Attack-Plugin

sutex

Re: Elite EDDI-VA Jump Counter Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »
Cant use this Vap with latest Beta ..xml error , wont install

All good now  thanks
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:54:09 PM by sutex »