Author Topic: X4: Foundations basic Profile  (Read 7469 times)

JC_Velo

X4: Foundations basic Profile
« on: December 04, 2018, 08:38:10 PM »
Here is a basic VoiceAttack profile for X4 based on the default kep-mappings as of patch 1.20. I'm fairly new to making these so it's most definitely not perfect, but should be overall functional for most commands you'd want ingame.

It is currently not integrated with any Voice Packs, but might add additional versions with them in mind at some point if there's demand for it. Also, if you are familiar with VoiceAttack profiling and have any tips/advice on streamlining what I have here, please let me know!

BlackJack

Re: X4: Foundations basic Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 05:18:28 AM »
Nice! Thanks for sharing this!

docj7296

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 11:10:36 AM »
Thank you ;D ;D ;D

anachronicus

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »
Thank you! :)

JFL

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 07:57:38 AM »
Thank you

Ectropian

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 04:05:52 PM »
Thanks for posting this here! Please let us know if you update it to 1.5 :)

BlueSabor

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 06:06:37 AM »
Thank you  :)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 03:09:26 PM »
This profile imports without issue with my installation of the Steam version (v1.10.5).

Which error message are you encountering, and which steps are you following to import the profile?

Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the .vap file, in case the download didn't complete correctly somehow?

Profiles are normally forward-compatible, meaning even a very old profile should be able to be imported into the latest version.

KDark

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 03:21:44 PM »
My apologies, I made the mistake of copying it to the Import folder of Voice Attack rather than importing it via the option in the VA program because I couldn't get Voice Attack to come up with the UI when I launched it. I last used it in 2018, so I'm guessing something was messed up.  Launching Voice Attack after copying the file there gave an error saying it lacked an InternalID and crashed but on relaunch of VA it gave me the option of resetting things and I did so. I now can import it from within VA. Thank you.

FYI I tried putting it here that generated the initial error:
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\Apps\Import

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 03:29:59 PM »
The "Import" folder is not intended for general use. That is also why it is not documented.

If using the "Import Profile" option on VoiceAttack's main window seemingly caused VoiceAttack to become partially unresponsive, that indicates the file picker was being shown, but on a location not within your current display configuration (I.E. the window was somewhere off-screen).
Should you encounter this again, note that right-clicking VoiceAttack's taskbar entry and choosing "Relocate to Primary Display" should remedy this.

Using the "Reset VoiceAttack settings to initial values (does not affect profiles or registration)" option on the "Load Options" window would have completely reset any saved window positions, thus remedying the issue that way.