Author Topic: Volume Control  (Read 15193 times)

Akoa0013

Volume Control
« on: May 04, 2016, 02:32:22 PM »
So I put the Nircmd.exe and the Volume Control.vap as attachments.

1) Put the Nircmd.exe in your apps folder. so for me is was here => C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps

2) Go into Voice Attack and Import the Volume Control.vap.

I think it's a nice profile to add on to your list of commands. Tell the computer to go to either 20,25, 50,75, or 100 %. Also mute or unmute, increase or decrease by 10.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:19:24 AM by Pfeil »

Tenebrous

Re: Volume Control
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 03:09:27 AM »
That's great, really helpful!

And again I wish that VoiceAttack could include multiple profiles :D

Akoa0013

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 04:36:29 AM »
There is an added feature to link different Profiles.
I you go to Edit Profile -> click the check mark -> you'll see "Include commands from another Profile:" -> and just add the profiles in a line.

If this isn't clear I'll make a video on how to do so.

Slan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 04:57:36 AM »
I use this "link profile" option to build a whole chain of profiles. Starting with "Windows", that links to a profile called "Shell commands", which links to an "AI" profile, then to "Media Control" then to "App launcher", "App Control" and finally "Profile Switching".

So any new profile, I just tell it to link to the "Windows" profile and ALL of the commands from Windows and ALL the profiles in the chain are available.
The only thing to be careful of is order of precedence. A command is acted on by action the fits closest to the top of the chain.

This allows me to build profiles around one particular setup e.g. Media Control, and just change commands there, knowing that it will affect all profiles when I linked the Windows profile etc.

Akoa0013

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 10:35:01 AM »
I believe this discussion is now a "HOW DO I" topic.
So, if you need help. I'll be starting a 'New Topic' there and we can share how we each link our different profiles.

Tenebrous

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 03:12:42 AM »
Oh, I'm aware you can link a single profile like that.

However, I really think we need to be able include multiple profiles.

e.g.

My Profile.vap would include:
  • Volume Control.vap - to allow me to control system volume
  • Elite Dangerous.vap - to allow me to control Elite
  • Elite Dangerous EDDI.vap - to allow me to query the various Elite information sources
  • SteamVR.vap - to allow me to restart SteamVR etc if it crashes, without leaving VR

That way, we can customise our own stuff, and the profiles we include don't need to be changed.  You just download the features you want, include profile, job done!  And if the profile author changes it to fix bugs or introduce new features, just update it. No need to clean up your profile and copy them back in.

Kronos

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 07:23:53 AM »
Tried this tonight. Placed the exe file in Program Files (x86) - VoiceAttack - Apps and the volume.vap in Program Files (x86) - Voice Attack - Sounds - hcspack - Profiles - Elite Dangerous then imported .vap file to 2.0 Astra Profile but get the following error (also tried include commands from another profile"same result):

10:47:11 PM - Error with launched file: [The system cannot find the file specified]

Any advice? I would really like to lower her (astra's) voice but using Mixer volume doesnt work...

Kronos

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 07:27:37 AM »
Command for .exe wasn't linked to the right folder. Simple fix. All good.  :)

Deadlast

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
I get a message in Voice Attack that states "The specified executable is not a valid application for the OS platform". I am running Win 10

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 12:19:07 AM »
It appears the attached version of NirCmd is corrupted, you can download a working version from the official site(bottom of the page).