Author Topic: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.43) for Falcon BMS 4  (Read 21361 times)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.43) for Falcon BMS 4
« on: October 29, 2019, 09:08:24 PM »

Profile for  VoiceAttack and Falcon BMS (up to latest version)
by =VG= SemlerPDX

Description:
These commands use VoiceAttack to translate the in-game on-screen radio menus from AWACS through Tanker into natural and intelligent voice command phrases that will fire keypress macros to help keep hands on the throttle and stick, and maintain immersion.  As an additional option, these commands can be locked behind a push-to-talk mode bound to your UHF/VHF transmit buttons in-game, allowing any other VoiceAttack command unrestricted access if needed, while still restricting these BMS radio command macros.  Finally, this single advanced control profile is extremely easy to edit or integrate into other profiles.

At VETERANS-GAMING, we fly with friends or AI Pilots, or a mix of both on our 24/7 Public Korean Campaign in Falcon BMS.  We may go out with an AI wingman only to have a friend take their place mid-flight.  For this reason and others, I created this VoiceAttack profile based around restricting when the computer can execute keypress macros that match voice phrases, having to first check if that pilot was set to a human pilot and therefore disregard commands for that pilot.

Thanks to user requests during the beta, there is now an optional mode to reverse the Human Pilots system, to assume all pilots are humans unless told otherwise, and also a system to choose a different keyboard layout than QWERTY.  I have also added an optional Audio Feedback Mode to play a short radio cue sound when a command is successfully recognized.

Included is a single profile that handles every callsign and radio command variation in Falcon BMS, with instructions on how to add any custom callsigns to the single profile.  The focus of this profile is only on the in-game Radio Menus, and creating an immersive interaction layer through VoiceAttack that is easy to manage and update, or integrate into other Voice Control systems for Falcon BMS.  The Quick Command Creator system allows creating new simple keypress commands or multi-keypress macros with simple pop-up input boxes guiding users through the process - a great way to add new commands on the fly, or new command phrases to call existing commands.

My goal was an intuitive system, so there is no user manual - only a few infographics and quick reference pic of all the radio commands - say, "Open the Command Reference", anytime to view available voice commands and the reference pic, including those from AVCS CORE. I intend to release information pages for profile customization and configuration in the VG Wiki on our website, and these will be available through a patch update later for new voice commands or additional options in the Help Menu once complete.

Say goodbye to the keyboard, and enjoy the immersion!  Cheers!

Features:

*Push-To-Talk mode disabled by default.  Say, "Turn On Push To Talk Mode" to enable

Download: (Click Here)

NOTE: DON'T USE THE VA OPTION "Allow Command Segment Info for Composite Commands" w/ AVCS4, and disable before importing AVCS4 if this setting is enabled!

Commands Reference:

*Replace the word "Human" with "Computer" when All-Humans Mode is ON
Normally, this profile assumes all pilots are Computers, use All-Humans Mode to invert this

Say, 'Open the Command Reference', anytime to view available voice commands

Latest Changelog Entry:
Code: [Select]
Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.43 Changelog October-25-2023

This is a Major Profile Update, and requires downloading and importing the latest AVCS4 BMS Radios (v1.43) profile for VoiceAttack:

New Commands:
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Current Altitude Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "High Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Low Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Dive Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Pop Up Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Free Attack"

Note: This is a new page for Wingman, Element, and Flight; these must be preceeded by who you are talking to

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Added Combat Management 4 Page category in profile to accommodate these new commands

-----------------------------------------------------------
=================================

Patch Update AVCS4 BMS v1.42.4 Changelog April-5-2023

This is a simple Live Update patch fix, no new profile download is required - the following fix applies to this update:

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Fixed 'Tower - Approach 2' page commands, including Declare Emergency, Abort, Say Again, and Traffic in Sight

Patch Update AVCS4 BMS v1.42.3 Changelog March-16-2023

This is a simple Live Update patch fix, no new profile download is required - the following fix applies to this update:

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Added proper exact wording of first Tanker radio command "Request Air Flight Refueling"
 -Tanker command of "Request Air Refueling" was and still is identical to "Request Air Flight Refuelling"

Patch Update AVCS4 BMS v1.42.2 Changelog March-6-2023

NOTE:
 Just (another) small oversight on my part, I had re-edited a file and forgot to re-apply these changes.
 Huge thanks to CriticalMass for pointing out exactly where the problem lies.
 I honestly had changed this and noted it in my changelog when I did, but then I didn't re-apply it to the matching database file ..oops

Fixes/Improvements:
 -(FIXED) Moved remaining pages "Common", "Carrier", and "Contingencies" to incremented pages after Departure Page

Patch Update AVCS4 BMS v1.42.1 Changelog March-5-2023

NOTE:
 Just a small oversight on my part, I had forgotten to add these options to the config

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Old Approach command phrases including "Vectors For" ... have been augmented
 -Can now say, "Request Instrument Approach" OR "Request Vectors For Instrument Approach" (for example)

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.42 Changelog March-5-2023

This is a Major Profile Update, and requires downloading and importing the latest AVCS4 BMS Radios (v1.42) profile for VoiceAttack:

New Commands:
 -Approach 1 Page commands "Request Visual Approach Heavy"
 -Approach 1 Page commands "Request Instrument Approach Heavy"
 -Approach 1 Page commands "Request Unrestricted Approach Heavy"

-Approach 2 Page commands added "Approach Declare Emergency" formerly on Approach 1 page
 -Approach 2 Page commands added "Approach Abort" formerly on Approach 1 page
 -Approach 2 Page commands added "Traffic In Sight" formerly on Approach 1 page
 -Approach 2 Page commands added "Approach Say Again" formerly on Approach 1 page

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Added ATC Page 4 as "Approach 2 Page" to accommodate approach commands "Heavy" on ATC Page 3
 -Moved Departure Page commands to ATC Page 5, formerly on ATC Page 4
 -Moved remaining pages "Common", "Carrier", and "Contingencies" to incremented pages after Departure Page
 -Fixed ATC Commands starting with "Request" and missing option for "Requesting" -- added variants in avcs_bms_data_3.cfg file

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.41 Changelog Aug-9-2022

This is a Major Profile Update, and requires downloading and importing the latest AVCS4 BMS Radios (v1.41) profile for VoiceAttack:

New Commands:
 -JTAC Radio Menu Page command "JTAC Say Again"
 -Combat Management 1 Page commands "Weapons Free AA/AG"
 -Combat Management 2 Page commands added "Go Shooter/Cover" formerly on Combat Management 1 page

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Minimum VoiceAttack program version requirement updated to 1.10.3
 -New JTAC Radio Commands introduced in BMS 4.36.0 will now function properly for users of non-QWERTY style keyboards
 -Former "Weapons Free" command will function same as "Weapons Free AA"
 -Added two ways to call the new Weapons Free for AA/Ground: "Air Weapons Free" or "Weapons Free Air", format accepted for either
 -NOTE: New "Say Again" and "Check In/Out" commands under JTAC Menu must be preceeded by the word "JTAC"

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.40.4 Changelog April-24-2022

New Commands:
 -Added new JTAC Menu under "Y" command lists, say "Open the Command Reference" for updated lists
 -Many new radio commands listed in CommRef, report any bugs or issues please!

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Updated order and position of lists, all new commands supported
 -Some previous phrasings retained for additional recognition options
 -Removed duplicate phrases in data 1 config

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.40 Changelog May-11-2021

This is a Major Profile Update, and requires downloading and importing the latest AVCS4 BMS Radios (v1.40) and AVCS CORE (v1.0) profiles

New Commands:
 -"Open the Command Reference" (or variations - open up-to-date command reference page online, or last updated reference file locally if offline)
 -"Set a Computer Name" (or variations - set a 'Computer' Assistant name for AVCS PTT mode, say before any command to wake listening temporarily)
 -"Set a Push to Talk Button" (or variations - set up to 6 total keyboard, mouse, or joystick buttons through automated script - just press when asked)

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Improved PTT (Push to Talk) Mode with voice controlled automated key/button detection during "Set" command
 -Added PTT Modes (chosen during "Set" command) for game/QCC commands only (default), or toggle VoiceAttack Global Listening Mode
 -Added PTT Mode 'Wake' by 'Computer' Assistant Name - set a name to say before any existing command to temporarily wake Global Listening Mode
 -Added Profile Misc. Commands to QCC, allows new commands or macros to be added via Live Update Patch Fix to CORE or AVCS4 profiles between major updates if needed
 -Added requirement to Include AVCS CORE Profile Commands through AVCS4 BMS Profile Options, instructions provided during first-time init
 -Fixed International Decimals - All Decimal Variables finally compatible for international users via cultural identification fix during init
 -Fixed Issue where user was asked to set Keyboard type more than once during first few profile uses, even when already saved to file and loaded properly
 -Updated minimum VoiceAttack version to latest release (v1.8.7) for compatibility

updated to v1.43 for BMS 4.37.3 and up
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 05:48:19 PM by SemlerPDX »

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.1) for Falcon BMS 4
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 12:09:57 PM »
CriticalMass wrote ...
@SemlerPDX,

I'm a little confused about the "All-Human/Computer" aspect. In short, I'm testing as SP and assumed that in "All-Humans Mode is OFF" I could still add a single human player, but it tells me that the mode needs to be ON. But, if I'm in "All-Humans ON" and Remove All, the software explicitly tells me that I can add a single player.

This whole implementation confuses me, I guess because I don't fully understand the use case.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Okay - this is a MAJOR ISSUE.  I looked into the profile, and cannot believe it went unnoticed!!!  A last minute check had been added as we discussed the problem with accidentally being able to set a Human pilot while in All Humans Mode (the idea came up that this is essentially trying to remove a computer pilot).  This absolutely should have been caught before the file went public, and was part of the DEV build not public.  The files got confused at the last minute due to naming.  In VA, you need to support a DEV version of your file and Public, if you want to use compressed binaries and not distribute a bunch of debug commands with the public version.

TLDNR;  This has prompted me to immediately release a patch.  Version 1.1 is now available, and all users should download and use only this version.

Download:  (Click Here)

Patch Release v1.1 Changelog Nov2019

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Changed common Send To default from *Falcon BMS* to "Falcon BMS.exe" to avoid conflict with open PDF's, etc. with Falcon BMS in name
 -Fixed Human/Computer Pilots Registry system - last minute addition of a mode check was to blame, has been removed for now
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:43:28 AM by SemlerPDX »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.0) for Falcon BMS 4
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 12:55:33 PM »
Download link was borked - all good now ;)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.2) for Falcon BMS 4
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 08:09:30 AM »
Profile Update v1.2 for BMS 4.34.1 (U1)

For the Falcon BMS 4.34 Update 1, I've updated this profile to include the new "Ready for Departure" call from the 7th choice on Page 6 of the ATC Radio Menu. I have added that command to the profile, but as it does conflict with the default "Ready for Departure" command, this Carrier specific command will need to be preceded by the word "Carrier" as a forced prefix word (see note in the large Command Reference pic).

Example use: "This is Joker 7-1, Carrier Ready for Departure"

I've also added a bit of polish to the Audio Feedback system, allowing it to recognize the word "feedback" as two words, "feed back", to help us avoid repeating ourselves to get the commands to fire, as well as a null check on the Stereo Audio Feedback output channel, so it can recover if this saved setting is lost. I've also updated the minimum version of VoiceAttack, so please be sure to update your VA program.
We've tested this version, just minor additions, and everything seems great - but let me know if any issues pop up! Happy New Year!

Patch Release v1.2 Changelog Dec2019
New Commands:
 -"Carrier Ready for Departure" : for ATC Page 6, new 7th item added for 4.34 (U1) update

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Added additional recognition words for turning on/off Audio Feedback Mode - "feedback" can now be recognized as "feed back"
 -Added Null Check on Audio Feedback Stereo Output Channel setting, if saved setting lost, will force user input on profile load
 -Updated minimum VoiceAttack version to latest release (v1.8.3) for compatibility
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:43:43 AM by SemlerPDX »

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.3) for Falcon BMS 4
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 11:20:05 PM »
Profile Hotfix Patch v1.3 for BMS 4.34.1 (U1)

Just a simple hotfix for a bug found by Wheelchock, the standard "Ready for Departure" command was getting overwritten by the variable for the new "Carrier Ready for Departure" command added for the new U1 update for BMS. As a result, this command will call an Abort by attempting the same input key as the carrier departure. Basically, everyone does need this hotfix, can't be avoided.

Anyone can easily fix this themselve inside their own profile, if you already have v1.2, and you don't want to bother importing this new version - just open the command labeled,
"KEYPRESS_Variables →→→((ADJUST AI COMMS LISTS & KEYS USED BY THIS PROFILE HERE))←←←"
and scroll down to the ATC Variables section, under the Carrier Page section,
you can change the #7 variable from "Set Text [KEY_ATC_ReadyForDeparture] to '7'" to
"Set Text [KEY_ATC_CarrierReadyForDeparture] to '7'", and apply changes.

Otherwise, just download this new version...

Patch Release v1.3 Changelog Jan2020
Fixes/Improvements:
 -Fixed issue with variable conflict for "Ready for Departure" - was pulling new variable from "Carrier Ready for Departure"

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 06:42:40 PM »
Happy to announce a version 1.4 for AVCS4 just around the corner!

Coming next, I've created a save file system to maintain user defined settings (PTT Mode On / Audio Feedback / Keyboard Regional Layout) between updates, as well as a live update system for minor patches to systems initialization, where a majority of my AVCS4 profile gets it's operating information.

To put it plainly, in the next and all future versions, a missing variable or typo in one of the commands like INIT_KEYPRESSES can be pushed out almost instantly to any users of AVCS4 when I receive the report (1.3 exists because 1.2 had a simple typo in the new Carrier Ready for Departure command, in the init file only). Imagine one of the text-to-speech item variations had a problem, and was saying a word wrong, I could change that TTS variable on my end, and push it out to all users who would get it almost instantly when loading the profile.

I tried a test of more than 2kb of info and a hundred variable updates and couldn't increase the profile init time by more than 1 second, so it's fast, powerful, and will allow featureless updates without re-downloading new profiles.

Additionally, the 1.4 version will feature an update notification system, too, to let users know of any major updates that require a manual profile update. Again, as will be with every AVCS profile or profile builder module I make for any game (BMS, Elite Dangerous, the Voice Controlled Profile Builder, etc.), any custom user saved settings will no longer be lost due to profile update/delete, or even complete windows reinstall (save file backup system included).

These systems will be modularized for profiles builders here, after I've finished integrating them into working profiles as well, so the Save File System and Profile Updater System stand-alone modules for profile builders are also coming soon!

Happy New Year!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:43:57 AM by SemlerPDX »

zap737

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 03:02:27 AM »
Hi SemlerPDX,

I have tried your profile but I can’t seem to get it to work.

First, I don’t fully understand the set pilots to humans. Can you explain more fully why and how this works.

How would you set up a training mission with you and one AI wingman. Let’s say the call signs are me as Goblin 21 and my AI wingman as Goblin 22.

I tried to set me to human and it asked for call sign and flight number etc and then it got them wrong and then said operation was cancelled would you like to start again.

And it kept going through the same loop.

I also tried some simple tower commands but no response.

I have set up PTT and PTT works with another profile.

Can you help ?

Thanks,

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 04:10:35 PM »
Already fired this off in a message to you, I didn't notice you posted the question(s) in the forum post as well, so I'll drop this here in case anyone else has these same questions - apologies for the length:

Core concept is that the profile assumes all pilots you wish to interact with are Computer controlled.... so by default, a command like "Wingman Say Fuel" would fire and if you had a wingman in your flight, the radio menus on screen would activate and navigate to that item, and enact it.

You tried to set "me" to human?  You already ARE a human - in BMS, you don't issue radio commands to yourself.  You can issue radio menu commands to the Wingman, Element, or Flight.

If you have me flying with you as your wingman in a 2-ship package, using this profile, and we are Cowboy 7, then you are Cowboy 7-1, and I am Cowboy 7-2.

If you say, '2 Say Fuel', then it's gonna try to open the Radio Menu and activate that item... BUT that is not what you want because I am not an AI pilot you can direct with your Radio Menu, you actually have to talk to me on IVC... In this case, you can/should set any such pilots as Human before the flight begins.

"Tell VoiceAttack who the Human Pilots are" refers to those you are flying with, not yourself.  It governs only the W/E/R menus in-game.

If you mess up in the "Set a Human Pilot" loop, there are many prompts to say Yes or No, or Cancel, to exit.

• You'd say, "Set a Human Pilot"
  • When it says, "Say the callsign", you can just say the whole thing *(bypassing the need to set the callsign, flight number, and wing number individually).
  • You'd say, "Cowboy 7 2"
  • It would ask if this wingman is in your flight, to which you'd respond "Yes"
  • And it would follow up with a readback check, and also ask if you want to add more pilots... all choices can be responded to with Yes, No, or Cancel.

..... That was a lot to get out, which is why I provided much of this information in the form of text in the readme/forum post and through info-graphics.

Re. PTT mode -- be sure to follow instructions to bind the UHF Press and UHF Release commands to your own controller assigned to VoiceAttack and the desired button press.  Same for VHF.  Any preset buttons are merely placeholder examples and must be changed to the users desired controller and button(s).

This mode is an optional mode for those who do not already have a PTT mode for their VoiceAttack, but desire one for the BMS profile only.  It will not stop VA from listening, only from firing BMS commands.  If you have PTT mode on and a simple command is not firing, you need to refer to my above instructions to bind those commands to the appropriate controller and button(s) you have configured through the VoiceAttack options menu.

Please refer to the info-pics and scroll down to the many instructions for troubleshooting and setup if you have recognition issues - and if you still have questions, feel free to ask - this system was designed to be intuitive but that assumes a person is already familiar with the general use of BMS and the Radio Menus and what they do/who they can contact with them/how they contact the desired destination/how to operate the VHF & UHF Radio stack in the sim and use the preset radio channels.

Info and Troubleshooting pics - bottom four images have instructions that will help you:

https://imgur.com/a/xuclI0a

zap737

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 01:19:31 AM »
Hi SemlerPDX,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I managed to get it working although, even after training many times, it understands 'taxi' as 'exe'.  Must be my Aussie accent LOL.

Anyway, it's a great profile.

I would like to adjust the wildcards to be able to say:

Ground, Cowboy 7 1, flight of two F-16, taxi - without saying request taxi for departure

and

Ground, Cowboy 7 1, for the ramp - instead of saying request taxi to ramp

also,

Tower, Cowboy 7 1, ready - instead of ready for departure.

These abbreviated phrases are how we say it in the real world (I am a real world ex-military pilot - Australian - and current 737 pilot), so which parts should i change to abbreviate the above phrases ?

Thanks again.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 01:27:58 PM »
For training your Speech Recognition Profile for a specific word that is not getting properly recognized, open VoiceAttack Options, navigate to the Recognition Tab, and click the Utilities Menu > Add/Remove Dictionary Words

Follow the instructions to add a new word to the dictionary (not "edit exisiting")  - write in the word 'taxi' and check the box to Record a Pronunciation upon Finish

It will now recognized any regional pronunciation of this word exactly as you say it.

Regarding alternate syntax commands: Tools and examples have been provided inside the profile for alternate syntax command creation, and I'll add your suggestion to the already existing alternates, too. Basically, just duplicate any alternate syntax command examples already present in that category, or follow the formatting of one of the examples to create a new command in the correct category.. All these do is call the main command by name, so inside it would be an "execute command by name", such as 'Request Taxi for Departure'.

Example Alternate Taxi Commands:
Expand the category named: AI COMMS 3 - ATC 1 - WILDCARDS (alternate syntax)
Copy any of the commands there (duplicate) and change the when I say (and description) to the word *taxi   (must be preceded by an asterisk *)
Change the Execute action to: Execute command, 'Request Taxi For Departure' (by name)

Expand the category named: AI COMMS 3 - ATC 1 - WILDCARDS (alternate syntax)
Copy any of the commands there (duplicate) and change the when I say (and description) to the word *for the ramp   (must be preceded by an asterisk *)
Change the Execute action to: Execute command, 'Request Taxi To Ramp' (by name)

Example Alternate Tower Commands:
Expand the category named: AI COMMS 3 - ATC 2 - WILDCARDS (alternate syntax)
Copy any of the commands there (duplicate) and change the when I say (and description) to the word *ready   (must be preceded by an asterisk *)
Change the Execute action to: Execute command, 'Ready For Departure' (by name)

*Note there is no asterisk when we execute a command by name - this is important. Asterisk is only for the 'When I say' input box.

There's no way I could plan for every alternate syntax or preferred method, so I made sure it's easy to create these items as needed. I should really poll the users to see if they have any useful alternates that should become a permanent part of AVCS4 for everyone. For now, it should be easy to modify or add to the profile in any way.

The next version (coming soon, I promise) will include a voice command builder system that should allow such command additions to be created with a much more simple GUI for merely inputting the new desired "when I say" phrase - but for now, the only option is the manual examples I provided for these new alternate syntax commands.

zap737

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 02:45:50 PM »
Thanks very much SemlerPDX. Will surely give it a try.

Update:  Followed the procedure above and adjusted the commands to suit.  Awesome !
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:19:24 PM by zap737 »

Vizibelli

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 03:23:08 PM »
Hi SemlerPDX,

Any news on AVCS4 for Elite Dangerous? ;)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 10:57:23 PM »
Hi SemlerPDX,

Any news on AVCS4 for Elite Dangerous? ;)

Pushing hard to get it into a public beta test by the start of Summer.  Currently still need to integrate it into the live profile updates system, wrap the new save file system around it, and add in the semi-automated debugging and voice controlled bug reporting systems.  Putting in a lot of hours every day, I spend a majority of my time on AVCS.  Updates soon. :)

Vizibelli

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 12:35:00 PM »
Thank you SemlerPDX.   ;)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 12:55:52 PM »
More that one user has been a bit confused by my AVCS4 PTT Mode - I will make better info-graphics for the next version, coming soon... Misunderstandings of my AVCS PTT mode are not uncommon - anyone not 'getting' this system should not feel bad at all.  I've added a helpful graphic and explanation from the AVCS Help & Support Discord, and I'll quote it here, too, in case it gets missed by anyone coming here for help with PTT.

Feel free to post any questions here, or find me at the AVCS Discord Help & Support channel here: https://discord.gg/ySj56J9

AVCS4 PTT Mode Notes:
The Joystick Buttons inside the (optional) AVCS4 PTT Mode Press/Release commands are inadvertently 'hard set' to my personal setup, as examples for everyone else with some notes in the commands themselves. You must first enable the command by clicking the checkbox on the left, then click the button by the Big Blue Arrow to set the button(s) to your desired button(s). Yours will NOT be the same as my own, it would be rare if they were, as the example preset 'Number 24' and 'Number 26' buttons that my profile is distributed with are for my joystick specifically as I have it set up in my VoiceAttack program settings.

(click pic for full size image)

Info on upcoming AVCS4 version:
I'm wrapping up final testing for the next version of AVCS4 Immersive BMS Radios, but it will be another couple weeks and then I'll get it into a public beta test. Apart from the Live Updates & Update Rollback systems (which allow bug fixes/updates without downloading/importing a new profile or commands), other highly useful systems include voice controlled command editing and building, a few simple choice boxes to negate the need to actually open the VA Editor and add/edit commands in the traditional sense, for everything from standard to prefix/suffix style commands, and even wildcard commands, with options for state tracking (so "turn on" commands don't toggle something that is already "on"). I am certain people will enjoy being able to edit/add/remove callsigns recognized by AVCS4 through a simple voice command, as well as any other speech variable used by the profile or any other setting.

Finally, the save file system will ensure any user settings will never be 'lost' by VoiceAttack, and save files can even be backed up & restored so settings can persist between physical AVCS4 profile version updates, VoiceAttack program re-installation, and even Windows OS re-installation. The save files themselves have a rolling 10 file backup for easy restoration of a previous file, too, including a 'shadow copy' option for making a sort of 'restore point' to fall back to. As an added bonus, a person could set a number of new custom callsigns, a handful of voice commands (created BY voice) for various switches in the cockpit, and then share that save file with another AVCS4 user who could instantly have those same commands now on THEIR personal AVCS4 profile on their computer*.

*(without physically importing any new profile(s) to VoiceAttack - a simple save file to share, often less than a megabyte)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Preview of the Upcoming Features of AVCS CORE Framework / AVCS4 BMS
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 01:43:39 PM »
Preview of the Upcoming Features of AVCS CORE Framework
& the (WIP) 1.4 (alpha) version of AVCS4 BMS Immersive Voice Control Radios

***APOLOGIES FOR THE LOW VOLUME!***  Took too much time to create, need to get back to work or this thing will never get into public beta tests -- thanks for understanding!

Since I expected this upcoming version to be in public beta tests much sooner, I've created a preview of the new systems and functions in the next version of AVCS4 BMS Immersive Voice Control Radio Menus for VoiceAttack.  This new version will be coming to a beta test soon.

This will include the new AVCS CORE Framework and App designed for VoiceAttack which powers the profile update system, save file system, and bug reporting and semi-automated debugging systems.  AVCS CORE is a VoiceAttack Profile that will load first, and handle the initialization of any AVCS4 Profile that it switches to, in this video, AVCS4 BMS.

It will also handle my upcoming Elite: Dangerous voice control systems profile for VoiceAttack, and many other game control systems I have planned.  Huge thanks for all the feedback and support!  I am hoping to have a public beta test before the end of July, possibly much sooner, as I complete the final rounds of testing and get everything ready for release.

Cheers!

a note:
*Not used to public speaking, and wasn't paying enough attention to my own actions, at about 2:10 said 0.04 was the 'default' - but the reason the "change" to the default keypress timings shown in the video didn't appear in the save file was because 0.05ms is the default, and only changing to a non-default time would cause a changed value to appear in the save file.

This is a feature of the save file system I created, where file write/read is very limited, and optimized to happen only when needed.  *Also, "Open Keypress Timings Menu" would have been far less of a tongue-twister had it occurred to me to use that phrasing.. as always, AVCS commands have 'nearly any way you can say it' ready so we don't need to memorize commands in a literal sense, only conceptually.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Profile Update v1.40 for BMS 4.35+

Two of the largest setbacks for the AVCS4 BMS Voice Controlled Radios project had been my misunderstanding of how to deal with international decimal separators, and the extremely unintuitive Push to Talk Button setup procedure.  With this final public release of AVCS4 BMS v1.40, I have at last overcome these issues, and the new Push to Talk Mode features are completely automated, voice controlled, and completely customizable including the classic default mode which only gates game commands behind the PTT key(s), and now an option to toggle Global Listening Mode with the use of the PTT button(s) (up to six keyboard, mouse, or controller buttons).  As an added feature, users can set a 'Computer' Assistant name that works like holding the PTT button(s) for a brief period, waking Global Listening long enough to issue commands.

I'm also happy to announce that users can just say, "Open the Command Reference", to view the latest updated command reference on the VG website, or the most recent command reference on file (if offline).

With this final public release including the AVCS CORE (v1.0) profile, I can even add new voice commands through patch updates between major profile updates if needed, to further minimize the need to force new profile download and imports for minor changes.  So long as AVCS CORE command systems do not change, it should be very easy to support additions to games through game updates, or even modify and add to existing commands with new alternate phrasings to help maintain my goal of conceptual command use, "any way you say it".

Huge thanks to everyone who helped out with comments, feedback, bug reports, and testing - there is no way I could have come this far without all the support and I just can't thank everyone enough!

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.40 Changelog May-11-2021

This is a Major Profile Update, and requires downloading and importing the latest AVCS4 BMS Radios (v1.40) and AVCS CORE (v1.0) profiles

New Commands:
 -"Open the Command Reference" (or variations - open up-to-date command reference page online, or last updated reference file locally if offline)
 -"Set a Computer Name" (or variations - set a 'Computer' Assistant name for AVCS PTT mode, say before any command to wake listening temporarily)
 -"Set a Push to Talk Button" (or variations - set up to 6 total keyboard, mouse, or joystick buttons through automated script - just press when asked)

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Improved PTT (Push to Talk) Mode with voice controlled automated key/button detection during "Set" command
 -Added PTT Modes (chosen during "Set" command) for game/QCC commands only (default), or toggle VoiceAttack Global Listening Mode
 -Added PTT Mode 'Wake' by 'Computer' Assistant Name - set a name to say before any existing command to temporarily wake Global Listening Mode
 -Added Profile Misc. Commands to QCC, allows new commands or macros to be added via Live Update Patch Fix to CORE or AVCS4 profiles between major updates if needed
 -Added requirement to Include AVCS CORE Profile Commands through AVCS4 BMS Profile Options, instructions provided during first-time init
 -Fixed International Decimals - All Decimal Variables finally compatible for international users via cultural identification fix during init
 -Fixed Issue where user was asked to set Keyboard type more than once during first few profile uses, even when already saved to file and loaded properly
 -Updated minimum VoiceAttack version to latest release (v1.8.7) for compatibility

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
AVCS4 BMS Radios v1.40.1 profile (patch update, no download required)
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2021, 01:14:23 PM »
Regarding a recent bug report, some radio calls seem to have an incomplete target, such as Tower "Abort", "Declare Emergency", and "Say Again" = [~selection_key] not set...

I have no idea how this could have happened (again), but it has been fixed. This was a repeat of a previous issue, and when I built v1.40 I had thought I used the most recent config files from the last beta v1.3.92b - it is possible I got a file mixed up at some point with the version just before this fix during the beta tests. No matter, it is fixed for good now.

I've entered a live update patch fix and users will get it next time they restart VoiceAttack + AVCS4 BMS.

AVCS_BMS_KEY_AVCS_BMS_ATC_TowerDeclareEmergency=6
AVCS_BMS_KEY_AVCS_BMS_ATC_TowerAbort=7
AVCS_BMS_KEY_AVCS_BMS_ATC_TowerSayAgain=8

should have been:

AVCS_BMS_KEY_ATC_TowerDeclareEmergency=6
AVCS_BMS_KEY_ATC_TowerAbort=7
AVCS_BMS_KEY_ATC_TowerSayAgain=8

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.40.1 Changelog May-21-2021

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Fixed Tower Command(s) for "Abort", "Declare Emergency", and "Say Again" -- error of 'variable [~slection_key] not set. No keys pressed'
(if this looks familiar, it is - key variables had a prefix of 'AVCS_BMS_KEY_AVCS_BMS_ATC_' instead of 'AVCS_BMS_KEY_ATC_')
(apologies - somehow this persisted into 1.40, even though the configs were built off of last beta (1.3.92b) with this already fixed)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
AVCS4 BMS Radios v1.40.2 profile (patch update, no download required)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2021, 04:47:46 PM »
One last patch update to resolve yet another of the same sort of issue from yesterday. The patch update from the beta rounds which resolved an issue with "Clear My Six" has now been applied to the v1.40 profile via a patch update that will occur when folks load AVCS4 BMS next. I have gone through all of the changelogs and all of the config files to ensure each patch has been applied here, not sure how I got off on the wrong page to begin with, but I have verified that every line is correct now. There should be no lingering surprises waiting to pop at this point, at least not from those we've already resolved. Thanks for your patience and reports!

*To be clear: like the patch update yesterday, no new profile download is required. This patch will present an option during loading to sync your AVCS4 BMS config files with the updated versions on my website, after placing a backup of your current config files in use into the 'config' folder, the latest version of config files going into the 'update' folder just next to it. (in the VA apps folder at... ".\AVCS\CORE\BMS\40\update"

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.40.2 Changelog May-22-2021

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Fixed Flight Command(s) for "Clear My Six" -- had added to the former "Check My Six", but had not added a proper key
    (if this looks familiar, it is -  like the patch update yesterday, somehow this persisted into 1.40)
    (apologies again - I have now reviewed all previous beta patches and ensured they have all been applied here)

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.40) for Falcon BMS 4
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2022, 07:10:20 PM »
AVCS4 Falcon BMS Radio Menus for VoiceAttack has been updated for the new menus in BMS 4.36, including the new JTAC list.  This is a simple patch update, no new profile download/import is required.  Check out the updated command reference in the link below, or just say, "Open the Command Reference" anytime to view the new radio menus graphic and commands list! 🍻

View Command Reference at veterans-gaming.com

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.40.4 Changelog April-24-2022

New Commands:
 -Added new JTAC Menu under "Y" command lists, say "Open the Command Reference" for updated lists
 -Many new radio commands listed in CommRef, report any bugs or issues please!

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Updated order and position of lists, all new commands supported
 -Some previous phrasings retained for additional recognition options
 -Removed duplicate phrases in data 1 config

Updated Command Reference Pic for BMS 4.36:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:14:56 PM by SemlerPDX »

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.40) for Falcon BMS 4
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2022, 12:43:48 PM »
The new JTAC menu under the Tanker Radio Menus will not function properly for users with QWERTZ keyboards.

TO BE CLEAR: This fix is ONLY for users with QWERTZ keyboard layouts, for the new JTAC menu commands.

If you have this style keyboard, as a temporary fix for now (it might be a little while to round up other bugs and fix them) here’s a version of the config table which will work for any user with a QWERTZ style keyboard: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dzbaia5r3j5ql9/avcs_config_table.zip?dl=1

Unzip the file to the location below to replace the ‘avcs_config_table.core’ file in that folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\AVCS\CORE\BMS\40\update
If that is not your path it may be this one, depending on where you installed VoiceAttack:
C:\Program Files\VoiceAttack\Apps\AVCS\CORE\BMS\40\update
If the profile is already loaded, say, "Re-initialize Profile", otherwise switch to the profile as normal, and this new altered config table will be in use to press the "Z" key for the JTAC radio commands instead of "Y".

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.42) for Falcon BMS 4
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2023, 03:44:13 PM »
AVCS4 Falcon BMS Radio Menus for VoiceAttack has been updated for the new menu commands added in 4.37.2 (U2)

This is a major profile update, and a new profile download/import is required.  Options will be presented to copy over old user save file and to delete the old config files and AVCS4 profile version.  Thank you all for your support and feedback over the years!  Any issues, let me know!

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.42 Changelog March-5-2023

This is a Major Profile Update, and requires downloading and importing the latest AVCS4 BMS Radios (v1.42) profile for VoiceAttack:

New Commands:
 -Approach 1 Page commands "Request Visual Approach Heavy"
 -Approach 1 Page commands "Request Instrument Approach Heavy"
 -Approach 1 Page commands "Request Unrestricted Approach Heavy"

-Approach 2 Page commands added "Approach Declare Emergency" formerly on Approach 1 page
 -Approach 2 Page commands added "Approach Abort" formerly on Approach 1 page
 -Approach 2 Page commands added "Traffic In Sight" formerly on Approach 1 page
 -Approach 2 Page commands added "Approach Say Again" formerly on Approach 1 page

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Added ATC Page 4 as "Approach 2 Page" to accommodate approach commands "Heavy" on ATC Page 3
 -Moved Departure Page commands to ATC Page 5, formerly on ATC Page 4
 -Moved remaining pages "Common", "Carrier", and "Contingencies" to incremented pages after Departure Page
 -Fixed ATC Commands starting with "Request" and missing option for "Requesting" -- added variants in avcs_bms_data_3.cfg file

Check out the  updated command reference in the link below, or just say, "Open the Command Reference" anytime to view the new radio menus graphic and commands list!

COMMREF:
https://veterans-gaming.com/semlerpdx-avcs/profiles/commref/bms42.html/

DOWNLOAD:
https://veterans-gaming.com/files/file/35-avcs4-voice-control-radios-for-falcon-bms/

special thanks for the coffees! 🍻

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: AVCS4 - Voice Control Radio Menus (v1.43) for Falcon BMS 4
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2023, 04:54:48 PM »
v1.43 Profile Update has been released for BMS 4.37.3 (U3)

A new Combat Management Page has been added for Wingman, Element, and Flight radio menus.  You can review the new updated Radio Menus infographic and a table of all commands in AVCS CORE and AVCS4 BMS using the command, "Open the Command Reference".

All users will need to download the new profile package and import it into  VoiceAttack. Pop-up choices will be presented to import your old save file from the last version profile, as well as to clean up these old files (optional).

Any issues, please let me know... Special thanks for the coffees!   ;D

Public Release AVCS4 BMS v1.43 Changelog October-25-2023

This is a Major Profile Update, and requires downloading and importing the latest AVCS4 BMS Radios (v1.43) profile for VoiceAttack:

New Commands:
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Current Altitude Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "High Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Low Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Dive Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Pop Up Attack"
 -Combat Management 4 Page commands "Free Attack"

Note: This is a new page for Wingman, Element, and Flight; these must be preceded by who you are talking to

Fixes/Improvements:
 -Added Combat Management 4 Page category in profile to accommodate these new commands

Updated the Radio Menus Command Reference graphic displayed when using the voice command, "Show the Command Reference":