Author Topic: Registration Key Not Sent  (Read 13195 times)

Gary

• Administrator
Registration Key Not Sent
« on: May 27, 2016, 05:13:21 PM »
If you have not received your VoiceAttack registration key, have no fear.  I want you to have the key you paid for just as much as you want to receive it and I will get back to you as soon as humanly possible.  In the meantime, there are some things you can try and some things you can do to help expedite the retrieval of your key.

The first thing is to check your spam/junk folder.  Probably 80% or more of missing registration emails end up in there.

Next, you may want to verify that PayPal has the correct email address for you, as any email that VoiceAttack.com sends will go to that email address (also, to the spam/junk folder of that email address).  This happens quite a bit, surprisingly.

It is possible that your email provider is blocking the email sent from VoiceAttack.com.  This could even be by rules you have set (such as in Outlook).  Outbound email errors are logged and I am notified when they occur.  VoiceAttack.com sends out an email and if the receiving server does not indicate any problem, VoiceAttack.com (and I) will not know there is an issue.  Outbound email errors are rare, and typically involve a bad email address.

Have you tried the automated service?  If you go here http://www.voiceattack.com/lostkey
you can put in your email address and VoiceAttack.com will attempt to send you your registration information.  If you've purchased VoiceAttack in the last 30 days, you can try putting in  your transaction id and the site will display the information to you on-screen.  I say, 'try', as I have found as of late that the transaction id's that PayPal sends out often do not match what is given to VoiceAttack.com (frustrating).

If you are not receiving your registration email from the automated site, there's usually one of three things that's going on (restating everything above):  the email address that PayPal has on file for you is not the one you are putting in, or, the email is going into junk/spam (check your filters), or, your provider is blocking the emails from VoiceAttack.com.  If I receive email errors on this end, I tend to them quickly.  If I do not receive an error on this end, your provider has accepted the email and has not indicated any problem.  Note that the site will tell you your registration is on it's way (false positive) even if there is no record at VoiceAttack.com (this is by design... you get the idea).

If you purchased a VoiceAttack registration key using a PayPal eCheck, your payment will take several days (could even take weeks) to clear.  Once VoiceAttack.com gets the all-clear from PayPal, your key will be sent out at that moment.

As of late, a lot of emails come in to VoiceAttack.com that may have been intended for HCS Voicepacks.  If that is the case, you will want to go here:  http://hcsvoicepacks.com/pages/contact-us .  They are a prompt and helpful bunch over there.

Something to note is that it could be that not enough time has passed.  Payment notification to VoiceAttack.com is usually instant.  Sometimes PayPal takes some time in processing your payment.  This is especially true with payments that are made outside of North America.  VoiceAttack.com is set up to send out registration keys immediately upon notification from PayPal (there is no waiting period or manual processing on this end).  This could (and has) taken up to an hour (I don't know why this is).

If you tried all of this and are still without your purchase, send an email over to me at support@voiceattack.com and I will see what's up.

*****ALSO******
If you've emailed me, could you be a hero and send me a followup email to let me know if you've found resolution to your issue?  Chances are I could be working on your issue (and not making your software better ;)).

Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:23:40 PM by Gary »