Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Faster repeated executions?
« Last post by Pfeil on May 14, 2024, 09:54:11 AM »
so it is a smart idea to make 'no no no' commands etc but this will not work for me

i need them to be separated into distinct and separate no's or yes

imagine I want to fold a poker hand and speak "no no no" - well one hand folds a its treated same as "no"

but the 2nd and 3rd hands I wish to fold nothing happens because the 2nd and 3rd no I speak are attached to the "no no no" command

TXTOCCURRENCES you think could fix this issue?  Or will I always be forced to have a short pause between inputs
The intent would be for a command like "no no no" to, for example, use the "Execute Another Command" action to execute the "no" command three times.

Using the "{TXTOCCURRENCES:}" token could just make setting it up arguably more efficient, as then you can add an arbitrary number of "no"'s, count the amount of occurrences in the spoken phrase using the token, then, for example, have the loop execute the "no" command that amount of times.
Though as mentioned, this is advanced functionality and would require a good understanding/reading of the documentation to accomplish.

do u have any idea if I could manipulate the settings of the microsoft speech system itself?  May need to try a specialized forum for this though
I assume it's unlikely. Microsoft doesn't generally provide deep access to the speech recognition system.
« Last post by Apologia on May 14, 2024, 09:12:11 AM »
so it is a smart idea to make 'no no no' commands etc but this will not work for me

i need them to be separated into distinct and separate no's or yes

imagine I want to fold a poker hand and speak "no no no" - well one hand folds a its treated same as "no"

but the 2nd and 3rd hands I wish to fold nothing happens because the 2nd and 3rd no I speak are attached to the "no no no" command

TXTOCCURRENCES you think could fix this issue?  Or will I always be forced to have a short pause between inputs

do u have any idea if I could manipulate the settings of the microsoft speech system itself?  May need to try a specialized forum for this though
« Last post by Pfeil on May 14, 2024, 06:47:27 AM »
The Microsoft speech recognition system requires a short pause between the end of one input and the start of the next.

You could create commands for the repeated words (E.G. a command with the phrase "no no no").

If you are familiar with VoiceAttack's advanced features, the "{TXTOCCURRENCES:}" token could be used with a For loop to execute the relevant actions/another command the appropriate amount of times, without having to manually set up multiple commands.
General Discussion / Faster repeated executions?
« Last post by Apologia on May 14, 2024, 06:38:51 AM »
hi i play online poker and use voice commands for it but play 16 tables so it gets very fast and chaotic

everything works ok and fine but it would be more optimal if I could get commands to execute faster upon repeating the same command such as

yes: presses hotkey to raise first in
no: presses hotkey to fold the hand

so if I am dealt trash hands 20 times in a row, its much more optimal if I could repeat the word "no" like
no no no no no no no no no no no
etc
or
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

but what happens is voice command turns "yes yes yes" or "no no no" into an unrecognized command
I need to put space in between speaking the commands for them to register separately as 3 yes or 3 no's

or if I want to raise my hand and fold another I say "yes" "no" quickly for 2 actions but it tells me its an unrecognized command of "yes no"

hope this makes sense  :)

thanks
Thanks, much appreciated.
Yes. You're configuring VoiceAttack to execute a command whenever a given key is pressed. Other keys that may happen to be pressed at the same time, be they modifiers or otherwise, will not affect that in a normal configuration.

The "Code" block is just a forum markup feature. What's in it is an example of what the action list of your command would look like after having added the appropriate actions.

In this case, a "Begin a Conditional (If Statement) Block" action, "End a Conditional Block" action (which will be added automatically), and a "Set Audio Level" action (as you mentioned the command is intended to "Set Sound level to 100%"; this would be whatever your command currently contains).

All of these actions can be found in the context menu shown when clicking the "Other >" button on the "Edit a Command" window.
Thanks. Just to be clear, with Voice Attack, it will recognize the input as being 2, even when a CTRL modifier is being pressed?
In other words, 2=CTRL2 as far as it's concerned.

And if so that's fine, you mentioned the work around.
I haven't used it to pass code, so using your example, where would I actually make the call to the code.
I can see the advanced section to set values, conditionals, and so on. Or is that more beyond the scope and time to break out some videos/manuals?
:)
If you're not attempting to prevent the "2" key from being passed through, you could let the command execute regardless, but check whether modifiers are also pressed, and stop the command if so.

E.G.
Code: [Select]
Begin Device State Check :  Keyboard Key 'Ctrl' Is Pressed
End Condition - Exit when condition met
Set system audio volume to [100]

Other modifier checks (E.G. if you'd like to also ignore Shift-2 and Alt-2) can be added using the condition builder.

If you'd prefer to use two commands as you were attempting to do, you'd need to enable the "Shortcut is invoked only when all keys are released" option for both commands.
I have a VA command that when I press the number 2, a command will trigger. However, I do not want the same command to be triggered when I use a ctrl key modifier.

For example:
2 = Set Sound level to 100%
CTRL 2 = NOTHING happens. Simply want this to be passed to my application.

When I press CTRL 2 it still registers as if I am pressing 2.  How can I prevent the behavior?
I've tried creating an actual command CTRL 2 that ignores my input, but still, when pressing CTRL 2, it triggers 2.
General Discussion / Re: Setting Up 2 audio sources inputs and outputs
« Last post by DSurfer on May 11, 2024, 04:39:23 AM »
I’m asking because voice attack works flawless and works incredible.

I don’t know if there is any possibility to add this feature to the program in the future. I don’t know exactly the difficulty of something like this.. but in my zero knowledge 😅, I would say that could be just another drop menu for a second audio source ;).

Or by other hand, if it’s possible to put it running 2 times at the same time could solve this :).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10