Author Topic: Updating VA  (Read 1388 times)

Reece

Updating VA
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:39:01 AM »
I’ve not used VA in more than a year and need to update it to use in Star Citizen with HCS Kate. Should I uninstall and reinstall or is there an update option?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Updating VA
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 09:06:03 AM »
You can just download and install - the proper components will be updated.  Just make sure VA is not running (the installer will try to kill it if it is).

Hope that helps!

Reece

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 09:25:31 AM »
Gary
I've uninstalled and reinstalled VA and the HCS voice pack 3 times now and it still doesn't work. When I installed the voice pack I got the voice sound "preview" of the Kate character so I know the voice pack is capable of making a sound but I can't get it to work in the game.
I open VA, then launch SC. I go to options, keybindings,advanced control customization, control profile, keyboard advanced and select keyboard and mouse then load.
I then go into game and nothing happens. No response what so ever! Is there a certain command I should be giving to activate the voice pack in game?
I always open VA as admin before opening the game. Please help me determine if this is a VA problem or a problem with the voice pack. I'm so frustrated at this point which is why I stopped trying to use VA in the past.
Thanks
Reece

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 09:52:10 AM »
For audio feedback, make sure that you have the Audio output type in the voice attack settings (audio tab) set to Integrated Components

Reece

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 10:02:35 AM »
it is set to integrated components