Author Topic: Standard vs Steam VA  (Read 2302 times)

Shirva33

Standard vs Steam VA
« on: November 25, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »
I just picked up Elite Dangerous on the Steam sale and someone recommended VA and HCS Voicepacks.
I *LOVE* what i see so far.    From what I have read, both VA versions are the same, just depends if you want Steam DRM or a Standard keycode.

My question is:  will either version of VA work with the opposite games?
Will Steam VA work with non-Steam games?   will the Standard version work with Steam games?
what's recommended?   I am about 70% steam and 30% regular games.

Thanks in advance,
Shirva33

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Standard vs Steam VA
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 07:57:09 PM »
The versions are exactly the same - they are compiled with exactly the same code EXCEPT the part that deals with DRM.  They will each work with Steam games and apps as well as non-Steam games and apps.

Glad to hear you are enjoying VoiceAttack :)   More good stuff to come!

Shirva33

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 08:33:21 PM »
Hi Gary,

I read several other posts and agree with them,  YOU ROCK!!!

other question if you don't mind.  I want the HCS Orion voice pack with William Shatner's voice.

I will like go the Steam version of HA since that's where the majority of my games are.

Does HCS have a different installer for HA Steam?   (I realize you don't make HCS but since they integrate into your product, figured you would know).

Thanks,
Shirva33

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »
Nope... it's the same installer.  You'll probably have to pay closer attention to where you install the packs (although, they may have that all figured out for you).

The Shatner pack is really great.  There are some updates coming for that one, I think.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 10:38:15 PM »
Nope... it's the same installer.  You'll probably have to pay closer attention to where you install the packs (although, they may have that all figured out for you).
The Shatner pack is really great.  There are some updates coming for that one, I think.
I can confirm with 100% certainty that we just use the one installer for the HCS voicepacks. Once you have ran Voice Attack once, we (as in HCS) are able to detect your voiceattack install location and put our files into the correct place.

And yes, we do have some updates coming for Orion (and several other packs as well)

Shirva33

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 11:05:52 AM »
Awesome.   Thanks to both of you.

Shirva33