Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Repeat back command
« Last post by ajlarocque on May 18, 2024, 08:43:46 AM »
Of course, as soon as I posted this request for help I found the solution. At the end of the VAP is a command for causing VA to repeat back my commands. I apologize for using the bandwidth.
General Discussion / Re: Repeat back command
« Last post by Pfeil on May 18, 2024, 08:41:02 AM »
I have no personal experience with the profile you mention; does it use text-to-speech to speak the recognized command phrase back to you?

If so, that can be accomplished by creating a command, adding a "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action to it containing the "{CMD}" token:
Code: [Select]
Say, '{CMD}'and assigning that command to the profile-level "Execute a command each time a command phrase is recognized" option.
General Discussion / Repeat back command
« Last post by ajlarocque on May 18, 2024, 08:36:55 AM »
Hi y'all,

I've tried using the search service in this forum for finding an answer, but I can't seem to find it. I am probably not forming the search query correctly. What I am looking for is information on how to have VA repeat back to me the commands I say to it. I have one VAP that I imported that does this (Hellbabble VAP). But I have imported another VAP and VA does not repeat back the commands I say to it. I have looked for possible differences in the setup between the two VAPs, but I cannot find anything that would indicate this is what I need to set so I can have the desired results.

If anyone would be so kind as to tell me what I need to do I will gladly sell you my first born child. :) Many thanks in advance for your help and kindness.
Issues / Re: Keybinds not recognizing Joystick Button
« Last post by Pfeil on May 18, 2024, 07:17:31 AM »
Apparently this specific button is intended by the manufacturer to be used as a non-standard button.

This Reddit thread mentions requirements to be able to use this button; are those met on your machine?
« Last post by JoeW980 on May 18, 2024, 06:39:18 AM »
No, JoyToKey didn't recognise the button being pressed on the joystick, as it would highlight all the others that are pressed.

When I press it in the windows game controller properties it should as "Button 6" being pressed.
« Last post by Pfeil on May 18, 2024, 02:28:32 AM »
When you used "JoyToKey", did pressing the button produce a keypress in other applications? E.G. did it type out a character (assuming the assigned key would normally produce a visible character) in something like Notepad?

VoiceAttack itself treats all buttons identically; button state information is polled from the Windows joystick system.
Issues / Keybinds not recognizing Joystick Button
« Last post by JoeW980 on May 18, 2024, 02:15:32 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to setup my Voice Attack for Star Citizen to work in conjunction with my Discord, so I mute on Discord and VA listens - not to annoy my friends.

I have successfully done this to work with my mouse keybind to mute Discord and have VA Listen, but I can't get it to work on my Joystick keybind as VA doesn't recognise the button input on it.

It does recognise all other buttons on my joystick, just not the one I want to use.

I have the x52 Pro and I am trying to use the "pinkie" button on the bottom of the flight stick handle, this is not mappable in the x52 software to another keypress, otherwise I could just set it to my mouse PTT keybind.

In Discord this is registering as "Gamepad 5" and I believe is "Button 6" on the Joystick - I've also tried "JoyToKey" to map this to a recognised key, but also does not seem to work.

Is there any way anyone else has found to do this, or is this something that can be fixed in the VA software to recognise?

Thanks,
Joe
General Discussion / Re: background noise using webcam mic
« Last post by iceblast on May 17, 2024, 01:45:36 PM »
You can make a command like this.

Push to Talk, when you hold the button, it lowers your volume from your speakers, and gives you a quiet enough space to issue commands. Works great when using desktop speakers.

Code: [Select]
Set integer [Volume] value to the converted value of {STATE_SYSVOL}
Start Loop While :  Keyboard Key 'F22' Is Pressed
    Pause a variable number of seconds [0.1]
    Set default playback device volume to [4]
    Pause a variable number of seconds [0.1]
End Loop
Set default playback device volume to [{INT:Volume}]
« Last post by Apologia on May 17, 2024, 02:29:49 AM »
makes sense, thanks
« Last post by Pfeil on May 17, 2024, 02:20:15 AM »
That would be the nature of that type of microphone.

Using a (USB) headset is strongly recommended for speech recognition. Using speakers is strongly recommended against.

There is no setting to "block" unrecognized commands. The "Min Unrecognized Confidence Level" option, as the documentation notes, is solely used to exclude unrecognized command log entries.

The speech recognition system is designed to recognize speech. If you provide it input, it will process it and attempt recognition on that input.
If random sounds are getting mixed into the input, that will obviously inhibit the ability to recognize speech, just like people would have trouble hearing someone speak if there was an air horn going off in their ear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10