Author Topic: Usability improvements  (Read 3338 times)

SilentWarrior

Usability improvements
« on: November 29, 2016, 12:40:43 PM »
I have started using VA a few days ago and came across some usability issues which makes controlling and configuring this software a little tedious.

Some improvements I suggest to make usability experience much smoother and easier:

- Add a global config option to toggle between "Close to tray" and "Close" when clicking the "Power" Button in the top right.
- Add a global config option to show VA again if it is minimized and the .exe is run again.

- Allow a profil to inherit commands from multiple profiles.

- Modify the Profil editing behaviour / gui:
   - Add a Undo/Redo (Strg+Z, Strg+Y) behaviour to the GUI
   - Add a "Move to ..." right click menu entry (In addition to the "Copy to ..." button)
   - Add a custom sort order for commands (e.g. to group a "Start abc.exe" and "Close abc.exe" command, which would be far appart each other if the profil is quite big)
     [Other solution: sub groups / groups in groups]
   - Add some sort of "Save (only)" button to the gui
   - (maybe) modify the button labels to match the suggestion above. (E.g: Save, Save and Close, Discard and Close)
   - Do not block the main window when profil edit window is open
   - Add and option to change the currently modified profil (drop down menu) (requires a "Save of Discard" popup if there are unsaved modifications)
     - Allow multiple profile edit windows (to make comparism much easier)
       - Allow drag and drop of commands between the profil edit windows
   [Other Solution: a Notepad++ style profile edit window. View two profiles side by side and have tabs]

- In a command edit window add the option to select/insert one from a list of currently existing variables/token, sorted by plugin adding them

- Add a command to enable/disable a command (group) [do not forget the inherited ones]
- Improve the visibility of a command Prefix/Suffix relationship. Maybe group suffixes under prefix (only works if there is a 1 to N relationship)

- Add a command to change the global default TTS engine
- Add override default TTS engine to profil config

- Add a command to enable/disable voice/keyboard/mouse/joystick shortcuts for profiles/groups/commands

- Add a language support. Forum will be able to provide you with different translations

I might edit this list when more ideas come to my mind.

Thus far I want to thank you for your work , effort and passion you put into VA. I really love this software. Feel free to comment on my suggestions.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Usability improvements
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 01:38:32 PM »
Custom sort can be "fudged" with the categories/description combination.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Usability improvements
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:02:23 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I will look them over.