Author Topic: Ability to edit more than one command at the same time  (Read 5013 times)

WillRiker2701

Ability to edit more than one command at the same time
« on: February 13, 2024, 05:13:34 PM »
Hi there,

I've been working on some pretty big profiles with some very complex commands for a plugin I've developed for VoiceAttack. During this work I've noticed it could come really handy a way to edit two commands at the same time for the purpose of having both opened and then copy/paste instructions between the commands in order to quickly adapt some commands to slightly different purposes. I am thinking of it like having two text notebooks opened side by side in order to compare programming codes.
It would be also very useful in order to use previously developed commands as guidelines for new commands, and not having to open/close old command, then open new command and close again when I got to see another thing in the old one.

Could something like this be possible to integrate in VoiceAttack?

Cheers!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Ability to edit more than one command at the same time
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 07:38:20 PM »
I actually have it on the books to get into multi-command editing.  Probably not in the near future, but on the horizon, timewise.

For the time being, have you taken a look at command snippets in VA?  Those might be something you could use, especially if you find yourself reusing sets of actions a lot.  Hit F1 while VA is in focus to bring up the help doc, then search for 'Command Snippets'.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Hope that helps!

WillRiker2701

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 07:05:09 AM »
Yes, but I've had problems with command snippets. I've saved a few of them, but then when I select one of them it appears the content of a different command snippet...

iceblast

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 10:17:53 PM »
Wow, I never heard of Command Snippets! Not sure how I missed it. This will really come in handy!! :)