Author Topic: Multiple Recognition Global Hotkeys...  (Read 2331 times)

von gump

Multiple Recognition Global Hotkeys...
« on: October 11, 2023, 03:55:29 PM »
With some games having multiple voice/comm channels: Global chat, Team chat, Squad chat, etc. Would it be possible  to have the ability to bind multiple global hotkeys for each of those.

Currently playing a game with server and proximity/team only PTT voice and have the Recognition Global Hotkey setting to "Push Not Listen B" (where B is the key bind for server voice chat). But I also need to have "Push Not Listen V" enabled to stop listening when I PTT proximity/team only voice.

Thoughts?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Multiple Recognition Global Hotkeys...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 03:59:49 PM »
Currently it is possible to effectively emulate that functionality using commands.

E.G. configure a command to trigger when V is pressed, I.E. with the "Shortcut is invoked only when all keys are released" option disabled (unchecked), containing the "Make VoiceAttack Stop Listening" action,
and configure another command to trigger when V is released, I.E. with the "Shortcut is invoked only when all keys are released" option enabled (checked), containing the "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" action.

von gump

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 05:50:17 PM »
Aaah, I see...

Functions as explained as a workaround. however...

If you use this method, with an unmodified key bind (I.E. just a single letter or number), you'll lose functionality of that key when typing, in game and out. I discovered this after testing, when I alt-tabbed to my browser to reply here and realized my V key wasn't working at all while typing. Changed my bindings to "ALT-V" and now v key functions as normal for typing. BUT...  If the "ALT-V" key bind is used anywhere else, it won't work, and you'd have to close VA for it to function.

So pick a key bind/combo that you're pretty certain you don't use elsewhere. Unless you're not like me and actually close your apps; I usually leave support apps like this open and minimized all the time since I use it for multiple tasks.

Striking that from the record since it was user error. :P
Make sure you don't have "Do not allow key to be passed through" selected. Deselect that!

So yeah it functions as a workaround, but I think having the ability to set this multiple times in settings would be the best implementation usability-wise. Alternatively, somehow combining the functionality of the 2 different Commands into one, while in the "Edit Command" window, for simplicity's sake and keeping your command list as short and sweet as needed.

*edit: Forgot to say thanks for the quick reply and workaround!  :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 07:23:17 PM by von gump »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 05:54:26 PM »
...that is not specific to using a command, the "Recognition Global Hotkey" option would function the same way if you have the "Do not allow key to be passed through" option enabled, which apparently you do for the command.

von gump

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 07:24:42 PM »
UGH. I just figured that out and was hoping you didn't reply first lol! Fixed the orig post.